Senior Relocation Services
At A Time to Move we understand that facing life’s changes can be overwhelming and that a move to a retirement community, assisted living community, or to a family member's place can be a traumatic experience.
We offer our experience, honesty and respectful help during the overwhelming process of moving and so much more. From start to finish, we work efficiently and calmly taking care of all emotional and physical aspects of the relocation process, providing you and your loved ones peace of mind. We treat our senior clients with compassion, love, patience and care.
Our goal is to take away the work and the worry and be sure that your job as a client is to simply enjoy your new living arrangement.
If you are a family member located out-of state we will work closely with you to assure that your beloved senior will have a peaceful transition to his or her new home.
Why should you hire A Time to Move Senior Moving Experts?
- We know what we are doing and how we connect with your needs. More important we will treat you and your loved ones like family.
- We have resources to take on every part of the move, no matter what surprises come our way. We always figure out how to get things done.
- In most cases we offer flat rate quotes with straightforward affordable prices; no costly surprises!
- We are trained, experienced and compassionate move managers. All of our clients comment on how respectful and wonderful our staff is. We think of things to do for the clients without having to be told what to do. All our team members have been trained to think about how items are best to be relocated, no matter how delicate or fragile they are.
- We listen to what each of our clients want. We make ourselves familiar with what is special and important to each individual. By doing this, we are able to pay attention to the important details.
- We, as experienced senior move managers have extensive and practical knowledge about the costs, quality and availability of various local community resources helping you save time and money, which reduces stress and produces quality results.
- We are the most trusted staff you will ever want to allow in your home. You have to trust people that come to sort and pack through your drawers, your desk, cabinets and closets. We have been trusted and appreciated even more when we find jewelry or cash stashed in hiding places or forgotten in old hand bags; we are constantly finding valuable items and presenting them to our clients who are always amazed to see items that they thought were lost.
- We also consider the safety of our clients when placing furniture, making sure they have room to maneuver with walkers or are not tripping over misplaced rugs.
- We complete all tasks involved in the full move process only when you, our client, is satisfied.
- We provide ‘post move support’ at no extra fee or by the hour additional cost.
How do we manage the relocation process?
The moving process involves three main stages, including our special post move support service at no additional cost to you.
Stage One : Planning and Organizing the Move
Consultation: We will meet with you in your home and listen to your concerns and requirements. We then prepare a personalized plan to meet your needs and preferences to be sure we finish the necessary arrangements before your move day.
We will sort through the contents of your home and help you decide which items will fit into your new location. We will go to your new home and take accurate measurements, also taking into account TV and phone placements. We take measurements of your furniture and pictures so that we can complete an accurate floor plan, making sure the furniture you love and want to move will fit nicely into your new home.
Time Table: We will prepare a moving timetable. This helps us to take care of utility changes such as electric, water, telephone and mail delivery.
Organizing, Sorting, Downsizing and Packing: We will set up a date to start the sorting process and pack all of your household items and clothing. We provide all of the packing materials and boxes.
We’ll help you determine what "stuff" and furniture will fit in your new place. We’ll help you find the value of the things you don’t want to keep so you can decide if you want to sell or donate them or give to family members or friends. We’ll take pictures of all the items you are taking, giving to donation, giving to family members, offering up for auction, or may need to be disposed of. This provides you with a quick inventory.
We’ll arrange for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation or a combination of the above. We’ll arrange the pickup of unwanted items and the shipping on items to family and friends, if needed.
We’ll make sure that you keep all your important pictures and memories.
We’ll arrange to complete all the tasks that are necessary so you can comfortably sleep in your current home the night before the move.
Moving Company: We will interview and schedule movers. You can hire your own moving company or work with any a reputable local moving company that we recommend.
Decorating: We can also help you to decorate your new home. We help you decide on a color scheme, shop for furniture and accessories and provide you with other decorating ideas.
Stage Two: Moving Day
We meet, direct and oversee the movers as they load and unload the truck.
Long Distance Moves: The services of A Time To Move are not just limited to local moves. We can coordinate the move for our clients who are moving closer to their family or to another part of the country. We arrange with a licensed interstate moving company to provide a written quote so there are no surprises on delivery. We still do all the sorting and packing, donating, arranging for auction or consignment, home staging and any other services that our clients require.
Unpacking: We start unpacking immediately upon arrival at your new home. We set up the kitchen, living room, bathrooms and make the bed for you so you can sleep comfortably on your first night. The unpacking process is quick and efficient, and in most cases completed the same day of the move. All boxes and packing materials are discarded.
We connect the telephones, televisions, lamps, and set your clocks. We hang your pictures if you are certain of where you want them. We have found from our experience that very often our clients need to wait a few days or weeks to decide on where their pictures should go. So take your time - don't rush with this task.
We concentrate on getting things placed and organized in your new home so that you can find everything easier.
Stage Three: Post Move Service
We provide ‘post move support’ because there are always questions that need to be answered or things that need to be found in the new home after the move in.
Optional services we offer
Re-Sale Preparation: We also provide services such as Sale or Rent Preparation and Estate Liquidation to our clients or their families which includes preparing your home to market and sell or rent, if required, using experienced realtors and our own Re-Sale Preparation Team. This service includes cleaning and coordinating any repairs to help the home stand out and sell or rent faster.
Arrange for Auto Transport or Resale: We can arrange to ship your car anywhere in the USA. If you are no longer driving your car and wish to sell it, we can make those arrangements for you as well. You can avoid the danger and hassle of meeting with strangers.